Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WAY OUT of my comfort zone

I think I have done the stupidest thing ever by having this nose surgery. If you don't know what I'm talking about...a couple of months ago I was having post nasal drip and allergy issues (like my allergy issues are anything new?). Well, I asked my primary care doctor for a referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. So I went. And then got a 2nd opinion. The second surgeon agreed with the first and in for surgery I went. I had a deviated symptom, turbinate reduction and my cheek sinuses opened. You can get more details here if you are really bored.

I had this surgery this past Thursday. It was not fun, I can't imagine any surgery being fun, really. I got home and slept in a recliner chair that Justin put in our bedroom, surrounded by 3 humidifiers, set to cold vapor. Friday I hardly remember. Saturday I remember freaking out because I was able to get a little bit of air through one of my stints and no longer could. I no longer felt safe. Sunday did not get any better. It got worse, the pressure that I was experiencing was like a bad sinus infection times 100. All of my upper and lower teeth hurt (and still does). But Justin was able to calm me down a bit, thankfully.

Until now. I'm not so calm now. Not at all. And I'll tell you why. 1) I want these damn stints out NOW. I'm suppose to get them out tomorrow but I need them out NOW. 2) I haven't slept in 2 days. I sneezed on Sunday and my left nostril stint shifted, so it sounds like I'm farting out my nose when the pressure readjusts itself or when I swallow or just move my tongue in any direction. So that has caused me to doze off to sleep and wake myself up with my farting nostril.

Try 2 days of no sleep. I'm actually to the point now where if I close my eyes for a minute or two, I start to lucid dream. Because I've had no REM sleep. In fact, as I'm writing this, I feel like the desk is about 5 feet away from me and my arms can reach the keyboard because guess what? I'm super tall right now. And my arms can reach super far away. I know this isn't true and I'm hallucinating (without any pain pills at the moment, thank you very much). And for some reason this hallucinating is keeping me calm. It's kind of like lucid hallucinating, I can keep control of it while seeing myself grow taller. I haven't tried to imagine anything else yet, and I kind of don't want to (afraid 0f the results).

So here I am, stuck with the stints in for one more day (I already called the Dr. to see if there is anything they can do for me...since I'm freaking out so much) and they said that all of this is quite normal and to take pain pills, those will calm me down. Really? They haven't worked so far. For now, I'm WAY OUT of my comfort zone. And I know that I can survive 5 days so far without being able to breathe out of my nose...yay for me. I also know that I will NEVER do this again. I mean, I shouldn't have to...but I'm NEVER going to do this again.

Anywho, I'm going to go lay on the couch with my awesomely long limbs.

No comments: