Monday, July 21, 2008

I love avocados!

If I were left on a tropical island I could only have 5 ingredients to eat (not including fresh water or spices) I would have to choose: avocados, tomatoes, olives, Parmesan cheese and spinach.

If I only had 1, then it would be avocados. I LOVE avocados. And when they are on sale, I buy lots. I bought 8 this last trip to the market. I put them on salads, make guacamole (with plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream), eat them as is. And because my good cholesterol was too low to even measure, I need to eat a lot of them. (My bad cholesterol is fine by the way...just the good is way too low.)

I'd love to have an avocado tree in our yard, but the trees can survive much below 45 degrees in the winter. It gets way below that in the winter here. But if we ever move, I'll want to make sure we are in an avocado friendly climate.

Mmmmm avocados!

No comments: