Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lesson Learned

Justin and I have changed our eating habits. (If you don't know the reason why...I'll use the reason that it was our New Year Resolution.)

Anyway, we met with a nutritionist early this week. And she went over a plan with us. Cut out excess fat, eat 3 smaller meals, 3 snacks...don't skip meals and snacks, pair carbs with proteins, limit carbs to 45 (60 for Justin) per meal and 20 (30 for Justin) per snack...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then she brings up fiber. She suggests that we buy Kellogg's Bran Buds and to put 1/3 of a cup of it in with our yogurt. Then she suggests we buy Orowheat Double Fiber bread. A sandwich with the bread and those bran buds will give us all the fiber we need for the day. So we bought these items last night.

I put the bran buds in with my yogurt as suggested. I also bought some Benefiber. Well, I mixed that in with my water this morning...on top of the bran buds. I seriously do not think that I EVER got the daily amount of fiber in my life. EVER. And I say this for a reason. Because at about 10:00 am this morning I was sitting at work and my boss suggested that we get some coffee at Starbucks. A coworker was going to make the coffee run and as she asked what I wanted...I felt it. Some foreign kind of movement in my upper intestines over on my right side. It was in between a cramp and a rumbling. I looked at her and said that I do not think it would be a good idea if I added coffee to the Benefiber and Bran Buds roaming around in my tummy. Because I know that if things were making its way through my upper intestines, they would be moving for the lowers sooner rather than later.

And so to save you from all of the graphic details...I will sum up by saying the following:

1. Make sure that you start a high fiber diet on the weekend...when you are at HOME, not work.
2. Ease into the high fiber diet. Don't gung-ho at once.
3. Make sure that there is a loud fan in the bathroom at work. LOUD FAN....I can't stress that enough.
4. If you need to sneeze. Sneeze gently.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....I still haven't slept.. that's friggin hilarious!!!!! 1 month and 3 days girly!!!!