Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The cat is out of the bag...

I have eluded to our "new year's resolution" in my last post. It really wasn't a resolution per se. It is more of a forced change in diet for Justin and I'm following. (He finally gave me permission to "out" him.) See, he was diagnosed with diabetes two months ago. At first he didn't really want anyone to know because he didn't want his friends and family making comments like, "Should you really be eating that?" if he wanted to have a piece of something that a diabetic should really not have. He's an adult and doesn't want people treating him like a kid.

Anyway...so I'm eating just like he is. Except that the freakin' diabetic gets to eat more carbs per meal than I do because I'm a woman. That super sucks! But whatever, I'm dealing with it. I feel better. I'm pooping better, I have the Dr. Oz "S" curve going on for the first time (you wanted to know that right?). I'm eating way more veggies.

I have found some new products that I've never tried before. Here is the lowdown:

Pringles Baked Wheat Stix....any flavor: Awesome! And they come in 100 calorie packs. My favorite is the pizza flavor and honey butter.

TLC crackers. Not that tasty. I would not buy them again.

Kellogs Bran Buds: Not tasty but poopalicious. I highly recommend them.

Hood Calorie Countdown Milk: Awesome! Tastes like cream. Way lower in carbs than regular milk.

100 calorie packs in general: Genius idea! Saves so much time in grabbing a snack.

Reduced Calorie String Cheese: Dry and crunchy cheese. I like it.

That is all I can think of right now.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm sorry you didn't like the TLC crackers. The only ones I will eat are the Ranch ones - although, they don't taste much like Ranch at all. I must say though, they are quite tasty - especially when dipped in green olive hummus (I think you guys can have that - it's almost all garbanzo beans). They are a little wheaty, but still good and have a MUCH better flavor than the cheese ones which, in my opinion, are terrible. :)

I love getting more fiber into my diet - you guys have anymore tips?