Tuesday, March 4, 2008

7:30 am Tomorrow is when IT happens

I'm considering waking up early and going to the Grand Opening. Wal-Mart is opening in Fernley at 7:30 tomorrow morning.

It may not sound like a big deal to you...but when you can't buy underwear without driving 1/2 hour to 45 minutes away it IS A BIG DEAL! We are going to buy most of the things we need, on a daily basis, without driving 30 miles. Movies, clothes, baking pans...all at reasonable prices. Not the hiked up Scolari's prices - $5.00 for a jar of pickles. I don't know how people in this town making $10 per hour are able to do it. Justin and I aren't even able to shop there regularly. But no more. The insanity stops tomorrow morning.

Justin and I have held off grocery shopping for a few weeks in preparation of Wal-Mart opening. I know it sounds silly but this really is huge for us here. I can't believe I live in a town where this is the biggest thing that has happened...ever. Seriously.

No comments: