Friday, February 8, 2008

Yaz

When Justin and I were sick we watched A LOT of television. All day in fact and it was because we couldn't focus on anything else. We couldn't talk, move around or laugh without coughing. And coughing at that point hurt our throats as well as our stomaches and sides. So our funniness and sarcasm was out the window and we were just two normal seriously sick people. There were a couple of highlights, however.

One of the highlights being a Yaz commercial. I'm sure you've seen it. It is with a bunch of different women and the soundtrack is "We're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister but done in such a cheesy-birth-control-for-women kind of way. And each woman has a word floating next to her like "bloating" or "acne" or "moodiness." Then each woman either punches or kicks the word away. Do you know which commercial I'm talking about now? (You can watch the exact commercial I'm talking about by going to their website and click on the "watch video" button.)

Ok - now that you know which commercial I'm talking about...Justin and I were sitting on the couch, both sick and both of us not paying attention to anything on tv...we were too busy complaining and comparing our symptoms. Or so I thought. Justin did notice this commercial.

Justin: I don't believe that commercial actually does what it says.
Me: Why not?
Justin: Because if it really worked, there would be a bunch of guys on there testifiying that it indeed worked.
Me: Good point.

No comments: