Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Meme

Carol-Lynn Perez (my sister) just tagged me for this "meme."

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Six Quirky Things About Me

1. I don't like small paper clips. I just don't see the point in them. They can't hold as much as a large paper clip. The large paper clip can surely hold small amounts of paper like the small one can. So what is the point of the small one? I just don't like them.

2. If my nose is stuffed up, I can't wear earplugs. I end up feeling claustrophobic if both of those senses are gone. So if my nose is stuffed up and Justin is snoring that night I get extra angry that I can't wear earplugs to block out his snoring.

3. The satin stuff at the edges of a blanket helps me fall asleep. And this goes back to my childhood for sure. See...I use to suck my thumb. Until I was 16. Really. I don't know why I stopped but I just naturally did (about 12 years too late). But anyway, when I sucked my thumb I used the satin part of the blanket to rub my face. And that would put me to sleep. I still like blankets with the satin part and just rub my hands on it...or if I have a satin part at the bottom, I finagle my toes around it. It works to help relax me to get me to sleep. But not if I wake up in the middle of the night, at that point nothing works.

4. I love Neil Diamond. My Mom got me hooked on him when I was little and I have just taken it to a whole other level. Seriously, anyone who knows me knows how much I love Neil. His songs are amazing and he is so classically cheesy now. And have you ever seen him in concert? He ROCKS the house. I have a thing for singers who write their own songs. I think it is because I find writing a song (as opposed to a paper, short story, etc.) so difficult. I just have so much respect for him. His voice? Eh. But his showmanship- you can't put a price on that. (Well, I guess he does with the price of his concert tickets being about $100.)

5. Right when I fall asleep I make this "huh" noise. Yeah, apparently I do. I didn't know this until Justin was in my life but apparently right before I fall asleep I make a "huh" noise. Like "huh, I'm perplexed by the day and I finally needed to say "huh." Or like "huh, I told you so." I've asked Justin what the "huh" is like and he just said it's "huh" with no meaning behind it. I'm sure there is meaning behind it there is meaning behind everything I do. I just haven't be able to figure it out because I don't know when I do it.

6. I don't like shortcuts on my desktop. It makes me feel cluttered and claustrophobic. I like only a couple of shortcuts, ones that I use everyday. If I don't use it everyday I can take the extra 2 seconds to look it up on my start menu. And this is something that Justin puts up with me because he will put shortcuts on the desktop and I will come along, randomly, when I'm feeling I need things in my life straightened out and I will delete them all. It's a good thing my husband "gets" me.

Here are the people that I tag:
Rishma
Hez
Lee
David
Amy
Justin I know Carol already chose him, but he is not doing it. So I figured if I tagged him, he still won't do it.

No comments: