Monday, August 27, 2007

Bunco and Ribs

What a wonderful week this is! I was invited to my first Bunco tonight and went happily. It was so much fun and such a easy game to learn. I really liked all of the women there and had a lovely time. I'm actually going to host a Bunco night for all of the women in November. Menus are already swimming around in my head. Anywho, I won some money too. Granted it was for the most lost games but hey, it was a $10 buy in and I won $20.

Thursday is the Rib Cookoff where we sit in the "Rib Village" and get all you can eat ribs from all of the different vendors. We are actually closing our doors at work early because of this. And since my boss threw down the gauntlet to Justin, claiming that he will be able to put away more ribs than Justin. The challenge is now on! Justin is preparing starting today - 2 watermelons...the theory: watermelons are in and out of the system easily but it has bulk...to stretch the stomach. Justin is also trying to figure out a system of brining in a "doggy bag" so we can take some ribs home (and share with our multitude of family coming up this weekend), we'll see if either of those things work. I'll update with the results on Friday.

Speaking of Friday, we are also closing our doors to work early because of my birthday! That's right, it is going to be a birthday celebration of extreme proportions. Actually, it is my boss, coworker and myself going out for a couple of drinks at the bar. But hey, we will be out of work by 3:00 ish, I'm not going to complain at all.

Then it is off to my birthday weekend! More on that later.

No comments: