Wednesday, August 29, 2007

BMW

I was going to write a BMW (bitching, moaning and whining) blog about an incident yesterday at work just to get it off my chest. But I'm not going to. A few reasons:
  • (1) what I'd be BMW'ing about is so insignificant in the big picture that by the end of it I would just feel ridiculous. I already feel ridiculous just because I've put way too much focus on my own issues.
  • (2) I'm working on trying to be content with where I am at in my life. I have a tendency to be so goal oriented that once I reach a goal, personal or professional, I don't take time to celebrate, I'm already onto the next goal. I had a long conversation about this with my sister yesterday and it is funny how our lives are in such parallel at the moment. She helped me figure out what lessons I need to learn about this phase of my life and move on. I'm tired of these same issues popping up. I want to GET IT and be done.
  • (3) I have so many good things in my life that I need to stop feeling the need to focus on the one TINY area that doesn't fit right with me. It's like I'm ironing a huge flat sheet to get all of the wrinkles out. But the bigger the sheet, the more I'm ironing, the more is spilling over the ironing board and getting a little wrinkled again. I can only iron what is on the ironing board, not the material spilling over. And who ever said that a sheet can't have a few wrinkles in it. I need to get over myself and LET IT GO! Let it go. let it go.
Okay - off my soapbox of self discovery, time to get some sleep.

No comments: