Friday, April 6, 2007

Giving up a year?

Justin and I celebrated our 6 year dating anniversary on Wednesday. We went to The Outback, where we went on our first date for the second time...(its a long story.)

Anyhow, Justin found it weird that I was making a big deal of this and not just let it pass like other years. I told him its because now I am officially in the longest relationship I've ever been in...6 years. See I dated a guy starting when I was 16 to 21....5 years. And that always bothered me that my longest relationship hadn't been with my husband. And that made sense to Justin. But then he said, "You know, you are going to have to give up that year sooner or later and start telling people only how long we've been married." I was totally taken back...how do I give up that year we were dating before we were married? Its a full year longer. Justin then said, "Look I know that it is a huge accomplishment every minute you stay with me and you want to be recognized for that, but you are going to have to give it up eventually."

Fine, I'll give up a year. I will no longer say we have been married for 5 years (almost) and together for 6. But I am not giving up the first year we were dating....I choose to give up year 3. Done and done.

No comments: