- Whole wheat macaroni - you can use regular, but there are some good whole wheat pastas out now. 1/2 a box, which serves 2, with some left overs.
- Chop up 1/2 of an onion and sautéed with olive oil.
- Chop up a clove or two of garlic and throw in with the onion after the onion is almost translucent, let it cook for a minute or two. Then add the following all at once to the onions an garlic:
- About 1/3 of a cup of roasted red peppers roughly chopped
- A few tablespoons of capers, to taste
- Some sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped, add a bit of the sun dried tomato oil too if you wish.
- Roughly chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- Roughly chopped kalamata olives, drained
- After you all all of those ingredients to the pan, I usually put in some red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Heat through.
- Toss with the drained pasta and add in crumbled Feta Cheese and toss so the feta is warmed.
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Following in my sister's footsteps
I have decided to post a recipe I concocted a few weeks ago but can't get out of my head and had to make it again a couple of nights ago. I'll be making in in a few night from now, so I'll post pictures of it. It is a Mediterranean style pasta and sooooo easy to make!