Friday, September 1, 2006

Fabulous 80's Purse and Bangs and Alice

I just found that there are purses for sale on Ebay. I have never used Ebay before and was puttering around there one day a couple of weeks ago - and stumbled across the category. So I ordered 2 - a black Kenneth Cole Reaction tote something or another...it's cute and a Fossil leather hobo purse, it looked brown.

I haven't received the Kenneth Cole bag yet, but I did receive the Fossil. First, I don't think it was really a Fossil despite the sewn in label, etc. Second, it so was not brown! It was coral - orange pink. No kidding. And the style, I thought was cute - the bag was smaller than I thought and 80's pink leather.

I can't use it. Really. I already live in a town where 80's white trash fashion is normal for some - just walk into the only popular bar in town and wait about 10 - you will see what I am talking about. I can't risk blending in - I have a constant need to separate myself from here - I use the phrase "I am from the Bay Area/San Jose" quite a bit. I need people to know. I need to have it tattooed on my forehead. Okay, my forehead is covered with bangs...so my cheeks. Whatever.

Speaking of my forehead covered with bangs...I need your help over the next 5 months. I have tried over and over again to grow out my bangs - but always get frustrated in months 2 and 3 and give up and cut them. I am determined to get past it and grow them out. I have always had bangs, my whole life. I want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. I am going to do it this time. And I promise before I pick up those scissors or make that hair appointment, I will call Carol, Rish or Maggie and you can make sure I am not going to do anything drastic...

Oh - can I tell you how happy I am that Alice Radio 97.3 in San Francisco now has a "Listen Live" link...I can now listen to my favorite morning show - because all the morning shows around here sucks, as my sister would say, big fat wookey!

Any why isn't there spell check on here?? I have to preview & post, copy it into Word, check the spelling and correct on here. Sucky!

No comments: