Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gifts from Dad

On Monday will be the 5 year anniversary of my Dad's death. I decided to write a letter to my Dad a few weeks ago, it is set to publish on Monday. Something has happened that I need to post today, so Monday's post may seem a little out of order...but I just need to tell you all about this.

There have been a few times in the past where when I have really missed my Dad or something big has happened in my life and coincidentally (or not?) I randomly find new pictures of him that I haven't seen. Today is no different. I received a small package in the mail from the lady my Dad was dating when he died. In it were these:

This was taken the day after my wedding:
This was at my wedding. My Dad with his Mom and Sister:
On the back of this photo is written - Emma, Steve, Mad, Walt:

There is nothing written on the back of this picture:
On the back of this picture is written - Laguna Beach, CA '04
Thank you God for inspiring Linda to send these to me. This has made my year!

2 comments:

Camille said...

These are fantastic pictures. It was so nice of Linda to send them to you.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I remember in the summers, when we would come to visit my grandma, how much we would all look forward to spending time with your family, especially your dad. He was just the coolest. Prayers and blessing to your family.

Cam

ps. I'll be sure to forward your link and email addy to my grandma.

Melanie: said...

Thank Cam! I appreciate it.