Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Monster at the End of This Book brings me back

The Monster at the End of the End of this Book was my favorite children's book. I loved Monster because I remember it made me laugh a lot. I thought Gover was so funny, his limbs flailing about, asking me not to turn the next page...and me still turning it. I read that book so much that I memorized it. I remember specifically sitting on the floor next to my Dad's easy chair and reading it to him over and over and over again. I bet he was so sick of that book.

I just had an epiphany about another reason why I like this book: everyone who knows me knows that I don't like being told what to do. This book is nothing but Grover telling the reader what to do and the reader defying him and turning the page anyway. Hmmmm....I was such a rebel for finishing that book. Over and over and over again.

From Blog Photos

From Blog Photos

From Blog Photos

No comments: