Saturday, January 10, 2009

For Carol

Carol, since you wanted the recipe to my super yummy casserole...I decided to turn it into a blog and kill two birds with one stone. Yay for being efficient!

Broccoli, Rice, Cheese and Chicken Casserole
it should come out looking like this...uh yeah, right
From Blog Photos


For Casserole:
  • 2 - 10 oz cans of drained chicken(I actually use 2-3 chicken breasts, brown them with the onions and some salt and pepper. Or using precooked Costco Rotisserie Chicken is great too.)
  • 2c instant rice (I use brown and add a little more because it yields a little less than white rice)
  • 1 - 10 3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup (I use low fat)
  • 1 - 10 3/4 oz can of cream of mushroom soup (I use low fat)
  • 1c milk (I use Carb control something or other milk product)
  • 1 - 16oz package of frozen broccoli
  • 1 - small white onion chopped (which I brown with the chicken)
  • 1lb - Cheddar Cheese (Reserve some cheese for the top)
Mix all together and put in a baking dish.
Put in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.

For Topping:
  • Remaining Cheddar Cheese
  • Panko Breadcrumbs
  • Seasonings (I use Johnny's Great Caesar Garlic Spread - which everyone should have in their pantry in my opinion...it's great to add to omelets and scrambled eggs...for garlic bread...anything!)
    From Blog Photos

Mix all together and put on top of Casserole for the last 10 minutes or so, get brown and bubbly (broil if necessary)

No comments: