Friday, March 14, 2008

Ear, Nose and Throat

I went to the ear, nose and throat doctor yesterday. They took some xrays. My sinuses look clear. I think that is because I just had a sinus infection and the antibiotics worked their magic. But you know where the antibiotics didn't work their magic? On my nose. Because apparently I have a nose infection. Somewhere far, far up there the doctor said that my nose is infected. She said it happens quite a bit and thinks that it happened when I had that nasty flu. And I'm now on another 10 days of antibiotics.

The doc agreed that the antibiotics worked and I don't currently have a sinus infection and because my complaints did not match what she is actually seeing that I am going to go for a CT scan. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but hopefully by the time I have the CT scan I will have a some kind of sinus symptoms. This way she can tell me what it is I need to do. Maybe surgery. But before that happens I will need to research it first, of course.

Oh and then the best part of the exam...the doctor told me my nose is crooked. MY NOSE IS CROOKED? Yes. It is crooked. At least on the outside it looks pretty straight.

No comments: