Monday, March 5, 2007

Weekend

This weekend was awesome. I was able to get what I wanted to done...which was nothing. I neglected all of my obligations, leaving them to be done in a guilty and rushed fashion throughout this week. But let me tell you, it was worth it.

Friday night Justin and I went to "the" bar, the only one we ever go to. We had a fun evening; I even stayed up until 1:30 in the morning. It is not very often that I do that. I contribute it to several drinks of Disaronno and Club Soda. But I have realized that, and God I sound old here, I have more fun without the alcohol than I do with it. Thankfully, Justin provided me with aspirin and a bottle of water in which he made me drink before I went to bed. And even though I cursed him each of the 9 times I got up to pee in the middle of the night, I was thankful that I at least didn't have a headache.

Saturday was a whole bunch of nothing. Glorious nothing was done. Well that is not entirely true. I managed to get my ass up off of the couch in which I was alternating watching television and napping, just long enough to make a roasted chicken and Carol's garlic cheddar mashed potatoes. Yum.

Sunday was much more active for me. I actually showered. I then picked up my Mom and we went to paint pottery in Sparks. It is much like Petroglyphs in San Jose. We had a good time and had fun talking. It was not stressful at all. She painted a 49ers dish for Ken. I painted a tissue box holder. I'll see later this week how they turn out. Then my Mom bought take out from the best (of two) Mexican restaurants in Fernley and Justin and I had dinner with her and Ken.

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing weekend with little movement. This will prepare us for a drive down to San Jose this coming up weekend for Jusitn's Grandmothers 80th decoy birthday party. This is where she will find out her real birthday celebration will be a cruise to Vancouver the beginning of May. And I have to get on the ball and plan out our Disney trip right before the Vancouver cruise. Life is so hard... :)

Have a wonderful day beautiful people.

No comments: