Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wow...what a wonderful gift!

Justin and I got back yesterday from a seminar called "Discovery." Justin's parents went to this a couple of months ago as part of the boarding school's program for Justin's brother. They thought that Justin, Shannon and I would get a lot out of it.

And let me tell you, it was AMAZING. It was hard...physically and emotionally...from 8 AM until midnight each day. I was physically exhausted, emotionally exhausted. But it was the best thing I have ever done! To put it in perspective: after my dad died I went to 6 sessions with a psychologist and never got out of those sessions what I did with this experience. I don't even feel comfortable referring to it as a "seminar" as it was more of an experience.

It was UNLIKE anything I have ever been to in my life. This was not a "sales" seminar where they push books or CDs after the course was finished. I was impressed that for the parents and grandparents of children in the boarding school there is no charge. For siblings and guests, there is a small charge (and I mean small for what you get out of it). There were no unanswered questions that need to be answered in additional seminars.

We are bound by confidentiality about the processes and the people that are in the seminars so I can't say that much. Other than it was the most difficult thing to look inward, admit and release all of the baggage that I had with me from childhood, past relationships and past choices. I learned how to be honest with myself and others and why guilt does not work and is a waste of time. Oh YES! No more Catholic guilt…!

This seminar was really out of the ordinary. It was not simply lecture and the "same old" team building games. I really was able to deal with all kinds of personal issues directly, by myself with guidance. This was really CRAZY GOOD!

There were a few people who took the course who did not have children in the boarding schools so I believe that people can take this seminar if the want to. And I would recommend it for anyone. Especially if you are holding onto any baggage (which I certainly was).

And there is one additional seminar that is a 4 day seminar, also 8 AM until midnight each day. I know it will be much for difficult to get through. The next one is called "Focus." In Discovery, you discover the things that you need to "Focus" on. I am definitely scare but excited.

So the next time you see me and say to yourself, "Wow, there is something different about Melanie!" You will now know why.

No comments: