Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Halloween Night

My, oh My!

First, we had about 8 wonderful volunteers! I would like to thank them all, they did a fantastic job of showing up, showing up on time and scaring the heck out of all of the passers through. And everyone enjoyed themselves, which is ALWAYS wonderful. So thank you very much.

The evening went off almost without a hitch, about 1/2 an hour into the event, we lost power....twice, blew out the circuts, luckily Justin and Jeff figured out the problem and rerouted some of the equipment and it did not happen again.

I ran out of 5 gallons of homemade apple cider in about the first 2 hours, same with the cookies.

We did not have any instances of anyone being rude, mean or hurtful. Almost all of our visitors were dressed up in costumes and everyone loved the effort we put into it.

As always, I froze outside even with a heat dish above me, electric blankets above and below me. Next year we are going to have to invest in a propane heater for me.

I had about 3 hours of sleep before the event, too many things going through my head. Luckily Parley, my boss, let me have the day off ~ we would have never gotten through everything if I had only take the 1/2 day I was origionally going to. And today, I have been up since 3am, with the darned graveyard music we had playing going through my head, over and over.

How many people did we have? I knew the question was in your mind, as it was in ours. We started letting people through at 5:30, we closed up shop at 9:30, with the last hour being very slow. We actually had a line several times throughout the night, exactly what Justin wanted. We had 657 new people (not people who came through 2-3 times) come throug~I have a clicker counter thingy...Not bad for being in a community that is the furthest away from most of every other housing development, everyone had to drive across town to get to see us. We ran out of our full sized candy bars and had to resort to the actual Halloween candy.

I can't tell you how many people asked if we do this kind of thing for Christmas. Each time I cringed at the thought and said, "We are only allowed to be crazy one time per year, this is our crazy."

I can't wait to get our house back looking like a house again though and have our living room back to normal.

Have a wonderful day, beautiful people.

No comments: